With the COVID-19 vaccination programme ongoing, and strong uptake in Portugal, we continue to plan for an in-person SMOFcon Europe, and we are looking forward to welcoming you, safely, in December.
For those who will be able to travel to Lisboa, we are preparing the in-person part of the con, and you can learn more about our at-con procedures relating to COVID-19 below. For those who won’t be able to travel, or who are understandably cautious about doing so, we are also preparing for online elements of SMOFcon Europe’s programming. We are planning to have two programme rooms active in person, and a third room streaming online panels. There will also be two virtual streams over the weekend with enhanced interaction capabilities.
We encourage everyone who wants to participate, but is not yet sure about travel, to visit our registration page and obtain Supporting/Virtual membership(s). You can always upgrade later to Attending Membership.
COVID-19 precautions at SMOFcon Europe
Before travelling, please check the following site for the latest, authoritative information and details on Portugal’s COVID-19 precautions: https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/covid-19-measures-implemented-portugal
- From 1st December, all passengers arriving in mainland Portugal by air, land or sea will have to present a negative PCR test (within 72 hours before travel), or a negative lateral flow test (within 48 hours before), regardless of whether they have been vaccinated.
- All air and sea passengers must complete a passenger locator card either before travelling or while on board.
- Mask wearing is mandatory in all enclosed spaces from 1st December.
- Mask wearing is mandatory on public transport.
- Digital certificate of vaccination is required by bars and by hotels or restaurants from 1st December. N.B. We are currently verifying the details of certificate requirements for different nationalities.
SMOFcon Europe will be following these rules, and we are also working with the hotel to ensure that the programme rooms will allow for social distancing. In addition, please note:
- Vaccinated or not, no one will be admitted into the convention without a negative test result, whether via Lateral Flow Tests that we will have available at no charge for members or via testing due to travel regulations. If you are tested for travel, please keep your negative test documentation with you when you arrive!
- There will sanitising stations throughout the hotel.
- We will have masks available if you need one and you will be required to wear them in programme rooms.
- All ventilation opportunities will be used.